Legends of Arius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legends of Arius

Pathfinder RPG Play-By-Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh

Go down 
+2
Dragonoflife
NowhereMan
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NowhereMan
Game Master
NowhereMan

Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh Empty
PostSubject: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:25 am

Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh Fb364e9fd476c612898eeed2935f1536_full
Finally resolving to head to Maraketh and figure things out when you get there, your group has made it to Westgate Harbor. The docks are swarming with activity, and all manner of ships, both familiar and exotic, bob in the busy waters. You've been instructed to find a ship by the name of the Devil's Dame, and its captain, Mad Sahid. Sahid is supposed to take you to the city of Ras Jasam, a powerful city-state situated on the edge of the legendary Unian desert.

Once you get there, you'll need to secure yourselves a guide to take you across the shifting dunes to the legendary lost city of Maraketh...
Back to top Go down
http://nowhereland.forumotion.com
Dragonoflife

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:14 am

Tarathel

Truth is, he has never seen the sea before.

He expected it to be like a lake, but larger, and his first real sight of it, walking on the docks, proves him so wrong it's hard for him not to just stare. This might be a problem if he actually had any idea how to find the ship they're looking for, but he isn't so distracted that he can't follow while people more knowledgeable of docking or the like have a hope of hunting it down.
Back to top Go down
Malathyne

Malathyne

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Zazi

This isn't Zazi's first time seeing the ocean, so she doesn't even blink as she began to head towards the docks. When she realizes that Tarathel isn't following, she turns to look back at him curiously. She can't help but laugh a little at his expression.

"Better keep up," she calls to him, "if you don't want to lose us in this crowd."
Back to top Go down
Dragonoflife

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:00 pm

Tarathel

He chuckles self-consciously as he drags his attention back to his comrades. "I suppose I'll be seeing plenty of it in the days to come, won't I?" he says as he catches back up. "Someday you shall see the great forests back home, and then you'll be the one to stop and stare."
Back to top Go down
Malathyne

Malathyne

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:48 pm

Zazi

"You'll have a couple of weeks to stare to your heart's content." Zazi grins. "If all goes well, then maybe we can swing by for a visit sometime."
Back to top Go down
WildAngels

WildAngels

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh    Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:57 am

Ski

Ski follows along, she has seen ships before and the ocean as well. Not a fan of ships or oceans as the ocean tends to be full of all kinds of nasty things.
Back to top Go down
Dragonoflife

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:35 pm

Tarathel

"This sort of environment is more familiar to you... may we ask you to take the lead, then?" Tarathel glances at Ski as he says it -- she seems more familiar with it than he does as well, but he doesn't think she'll object.
Back to top Go down
WildAngels

WildAngels

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 4:34 pm

Ski

With a start from being addressed, Ski starts looking for the ship. Stopping at each ship she asks Zazi and Tarathel the names of the ships.
Back to top Go down
Malathyne

Malathyne

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Zazi

After about the third ship, Zazi realizes that yes, she really is going to do this with every ship, and yes, this really is going to take forever. She decides against saying anything, though, and instead casts her eyes ahead at the ships next in hopes that she'll catch sight of the one they're looking for.

[Perception: natural 20, total of 23. aw yea]
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan
Game Master
NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 5:59 pm

It's not at all difficult to spot the Devil's Dame. The ship, docked nearby, appears to have at one point been a fairly typical schooner, but that was a very long time ago. The sails and rigging have been entirely replaced with the rig of a Cathayan junk, the railings have been painted a fierce crimson, and the ship's namesake, a figurehead in the shape of a sultry temptress with broad, leathery wings, adorns the front of the vessel. The name of the ship is painted in bright gold against dark wood in several languages, some of which are easily recognizable, while others are entirely alien.
Back to top Go down
Malathyne

Malathyne

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Zazi

"There she is," Zazi says, and points. Thank goodness for that. At least even if they had let Ski keep asking about each ship, it wouldn't have taken nearly as long as Zazi had feared it would.
Back to top Go down
Dragonoflife

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Tarathel

He regrets nothing. Aside from the natural elven lack of hastiness, Tarathel feels that involving Ski more will be quite beneficial in the long run.

"That ship certainly... stands out," he finally says, looking to the two girls to see if they found it remarkable or ordinary.
Back to top Go down
chichirinoda

chichirinoda

PostSubject: Eldoran, sorry for MIA!   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:44 pm

Eldoran's been following along without saying much, slightly preoccupied. It's all rushing forward quickly, and he's caught between excitement and fear. He notices only belatedly that Ski was obviously having trouble finding the ship, but then it's found, so his input is not needed.

"My goodness. I hope it's seaworthy as well as bright."
Back to top Go down
http://jessicasteiner.dreamwidth.org/
Malathyne

Malathyne

PostSubject: wb <3   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:11 am

Zazi

"I'm sure Mr. Milo's trust isn't misplaced," Zazi says with a shrug. "Let's go find us a captain." With that, she begins to lead the way towards the Devil's Dame.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan
Game Master
NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:11 am

Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh Turban-1l
As you approach the ship, a man swathed in a cacophony of colors with a bright red turban and waxed mustache walks down the gangplank towards you. "Ah, you must be the adventurers Milo sent ahead about," he says, spreading his arms wide. "Welcome to the Devil's Dame, my friends. My name is Mad Sahid, and this is my grand vessel. We will be casting off as soon as my crew finishes loading our provisions. If there is anything at all I can do to aid you, Mad Sahid shall be your faithful servant."
Back to top Go down
Dragonoflife

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:34 am

Tarathel

Tarathel bows to him formally. "Thank you for your kind welcome. I am Tarathel, and as a warning, I have never been on a boat before. I don't wish to be in the way or become a burden, so if there is anything I need to know, I will gladly learn."

He has an uncomfortable feeling he's about to become far too acquainted with the seasickness he's heard so much about.
Back to top Go down
Malathyne

Malathyne

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Zazi

Zazi watches as Tarathel fully bows, and blinks. Oh. Uh. She inclines her head to the captain. "I'm Zazi. Thank you, Captain, for taking us aboard."
Back to top Go down
WildAngels

WildAngels

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Ski

Ski stares at the very bright ship and tries not to stare at how bright the captains clothes are. "Hello I am Ski."
Back to top Go down
chichirinoda

chichirinoda

PostSubject: Eldoran   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 pm

And Eldoran also bows. He hasn't been on a ship, either, but unlike Tarathel, he keeps that to himself for now. He hopes that he can pick up what he needs to know as things go along.

"My name is Eldoran. Thank you for giving us a ride, Captain."
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan
Game Master
NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 6:58 am

Mad Sahid's face splits into a massive grin. "Well met, my young friends. I assure you that my men and I shall do our very best to make your journey as pleasant and swift as possible." He walks forward and, wrapping one of his huge, bare arms around Tarathel's shoulders, continues.

"As for you, my elven companion, it would be my pleasure to teach you all about ship and sea. The Dame and I have been from one end of the world to the other in our time together, and I doubt that there are more than a few men alive that can boast a better, more intimate knowledge of the waters than I."

He leads you all aboard, keeping his arm around Tarathel as he does so. "You will all have free run of the ship, with the exception of two places: my cabin, and the Dame's galley. I personally do not mind your being in the galley, but my cook... Well, he does. Very particular about his kitchen, that one. As for my cabin, that is just a matter of privacy, my friends, and I hope to share a meal or two in there soon."

Finally releasing Tarathel from his grasp, he spreads his arms and spins in a slow circle, motioning to the ship in its entirety. "The Devil's Dame is yours, my friends. Enjoy your stay aboard her. If you have any questions, please, ask me."
Back to top Go down
Dragonoflife

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:57 am

Tarathel

What just happened

Seriously, this is more contact with another person than he's had since leaving his homelands, and while he doesn't MIND per se, it certainly catches him off-guard for a moment or four. By the time they get on the ship, though, he has at least adjusted to it, and is able to smile at the speech.

"You certainly know how to make a passenger feel welcomed aboard."
Back to top Go down
chichirinoda

chichirinoda

PostSubject: Eldoran   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Eldoran quickly covers his mouth with a hand and looks away a bit to hide the grin as the man wraps his arm around Tarathel and the elf suddenly looks like he swallowed a stone.

He follows the pair on board, and smiles more genuinely as Tarathel seems to relax somewhat. Apparently he wasn't as stand-offish as it first might have appeared. "We're all most grateful," he agrees. "Maybe we could begin by being shown our rooms, so we can stow our things."
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan
Game Master
NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 3:45 am

"But of course!" Sahid replies, grinning madly. "Right this way."

Mad Sahid proceeds to give you a complete tour of the Devil's Dame, from top to bottom.

Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh Mans_p10
Back to top Go down
chichirinoda

chichirinoda

PostSubject: Eldoran   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 7:46 pm

When the tour is over, Eldoran finds himself a place on deck, as out of the way as he can find, to watch as the ship sets sail. He figures on his first voyage, he'd rather like to see what's going on, and have the full experience, rather than hiding in his cabin.
Back to top Go down
Dragonoflife

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:48 am

Tarathel

Eldoran will find himself being joined by an elf, if he doesn't mind, though Tarathel actually has little to say. They simply have the same idea -- watch this whole procedure for the first time, ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh   Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter II: The Journey to Maraketh
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next