Legends of Arius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legends of Arius

Pathfinder RPG Play-By-Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom

Go down 
+3
Malathyne
chichirinoda
NowhereMan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WildAngels

WildAngels

Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:12 pm

Ski

Looking at Tarathel "It is hard enough to protect friends who can fight on their own, Ski does not wish to protect something that cant protect itself."
Sighing and Looking at Eldoran "I left my village because of their one minded seeing of women as hut keepers."
Back to top Go down
Khirrish

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Khirrish

The arrival of the half-orc was met with a nod of the head. She made a mental note of the various reactions of those assembled but remained quiet until Ski's comment gave rise to her agreement.

"I concur. Unless absolutely necessary, it is a burden in the least and presents quite a few problems--not to mention accusations, if something were to go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Dragonoflife

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:41 pm

Tarathel

Oh, humans. Tarathel nodded understanding. "I personally disagree on the protecting part, but anyone who believes you incapable of fighting just because you are female is a fool." Obviously. Did we mention he's still amazed by that sword. "However," he continued, including the others with a slight shift of posture and voice, "I think that barring a need, we can choose what we seek out to accommodate that? And should I personally find such a need, I will do what I feel I must without incurring any obligation to any of you."
Back to top Go down
Kitsu

Kitsu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Talon

They had hardly begun the meeting and assumptions where already being made and fingers being subtly pointed. Talon couldn't help but smirk under his mask. This seemed to always be common ground amongst the 'civilized' races and it never stopped being interesting to watch how they would try to deconstruct others simply by assuming they knew who or what they were.

He was curious as to what the true intentions of her host really were but at least he made for good drinks, and a non-boring night. He can't say he regrets coming as he simply takes a long swig from his mug.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan
Game Master
NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Berrik finished the last of his drink in a smooth quaff, then slowly rises. "Well, looks like you have things figured out, so I think I'll take my leave. Should you need something from me, I have an office over in Cheapside. Ask around and I'm sure someone can tell you how to find me."

He starts to head away from the table, but pauses and turns back. "Oh, and one more piece of advise: If you're ever in need of anything, the best thing you can do for yourself is... buy a map." He finishes the sentence with a heavy wink and melts into the ever-growing crowd.
Back to top Go down
http://nowhereland.forumotion.com
chichirinoda

chichirinoda

PostSubject: Eldoran   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 7:27 pm

The dancer blinks as their...whatever he was... gets up and leaves so quickly. He opens his mouth, but pauses and sits back, rubbing his nose in thought as he listens to the others discussing gender issues. Personally, he thinks assuming a woman can't fight when she's carting a sword like that, would be ludicrious.

"Surely he doesn't just mean a regular map. I've got lots of those at home."
Back to top Go down
http://jessicasteiner.dreamwidth.org/
Malathyne

Malathyne

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Zazi

Zazi sits for a moment in silence after Berrik leaves, turning what he said over in her mind. "Maybe it has less to do with the map itself... We're needing an employer, right? Could be a nudge in the map-maker's direction."

She chose to sit out of the gender issues conversation, figuring that her position on the subject would be fairly obvious, but Eldoran's suggestion of sharing areas of expertise is still a good one, and she hasn't put forth her own yet. "As for my specialties and capabilities," Zazi says after a swig from her tankard, "I have skill in melee combat, but I prefer to focus in archery. I'm better at navigating the wild than cities, but that comes from growing up on the road more than anything else."
Back to top Go down
Dragonoflife

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:54 pm

Tarathel

Yes! Exactly! It's all about the sword!

"What do you say to investigating the local merchant associations?" he proposed, looking around them. "I expect work guarding a caravan or ending a local threat to commerce would not be difficult to find, in keeping with what we all seek, and... to be blunt, would allow us to seek out a challenge within our means to take on."
Back to top Go down
chichirinoda

chichirinoda

PostSubject: Eldoran   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Zazi's idea excites Eldoran a little, and he leans forward. "Perhaps there's a mapmaker who wants someone to chart unknown territory for them!"
Back to top Go down
Khirrish

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:04 am

Khirrish

Khirrish presses her hands together in delight. "Ah, a jaunt through lands unknown? It would be exciting and put our many skills to use! I think I might be disappointed if that is not the case, now." For now, a bit of time spent gathering information would be the key. As far as she was concerned, that was how every good adventure began.

"And I say that's a sound idea, Tarathel," she said, directing her gaze to the elf. "Regardless of what we decide on, we must start somewhere."
Back to top Go down
Dragonoflife

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:35 am

Tarathel

"I'm not averse to exploration," he said, "but I might suggest that on the one hand, I'm not certain how prepared we are to survive in uncharted wilderness... I've no experience with it, and I certainly don't have any wealth to purchase supplies or the like for a serious mapping trip. Or any skill with cartography," he added wryly.

No doubt they could scrounge up a fair sum of money... were they to sell their weapons and armor. He suspected he was no less opposed to that than anyone else would be.

"On the other hand, the uncharted wilderness would be uncharted for a reason -- and likely a reason that has kept other adventurers from doing what we propose. I'd suggest that we wait till we know our strengths, and are certain we're comfortable working together, before we commit to a long-term venture."
Back to top Go down
chichirinoda

chichirinoda

PostSubject: Eldoran   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 2:08 pm

"That's a good point," Eldoran agrees, looking to Tarathel. "We don't want to take on too much until we know each other's strengths and weaknesses."

He pauses, and runs a hand through his white hair. "I shouldn't forget, since it was my idea... As for my own abilities, I happen to be a sorcerer. I also have studied a great deal of the local history, geography and such. Books are sort of my thing."
Back to top Go down
WildAngels

WildAngels

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Ski

Glancing at her sword, "I have seen you guys staring at my sword, you can probably guess what my skills are. I grew up in the wild and prefer to be there then in a city. My main skill is hitting things with this." She lifts the sword up with her right hand.
Back to top Go down
Khirrish

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Khirrish

"I dabble in a bit of magic and am handy with a rapier," she chimed in, smoothing a hand over her knee to push out any wrinkles in her skirts. "I've knowledge on a variety of subjects and a persuasive way with words, when inclined."

The smile beneath her veil manages to meet her eyes and she taps the table with a gloved finger. "And an assortment of other skills that tend to come in handy in a pinch."
Back to top Go down
Malathyne

Malathyne

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:19 pm

Zazi

She listens, watching people as they speak, and now she nods. "Tarathel, I think you're right. Let's make sure we're comfortable with each other, and not just in combat, before we head off out in the middle of nowhere. My vote's for helping out any merchants willing to take us on. What do the rest of you think?"
Back to top Go down
chichirinoda

chichirinoda

PostSubject: Eldoran   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:48 am

Eldoran nods and smiles. "Yes, I agree. Let's offer our services to a merchant."
Back to top Go down
Dragonoflife

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:07 am

Tarathel

"Very well, then," he said with a smile. "Then let us find the... what passes for a commerce district here, anyway? Whatever the case, let us find it and then keep our ears sharp for any prospects. Unless any of you have any contacts here you'd prefer to try first?"
Back to top Go down
Kitsu

Kitsu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:45 am

Talon

Talon listens, and listens well. It seems that most have at least the common sense to not go rushing head first into the shiniest wall they see. As much as he would prefer to venture the wilds as he always had, the idea of having a tag along group who might make things harder didn't sit well with him.

Not that he didn't trust in their abilities, but out in the wilds, while there's safety in a group, a group also attracts the stronger dangers while scaring the weak ones.

"There be enough to clean out as far as merchants be concerned. Plenty of vermin that make lots of trouble, merchants don't want to deal with trouble. They be tendin' to pay well." Okay, so Talon was actually very well versed for a half-orc. But he preferred to play on the fact that most thought of them as brutish dumbwits who should stick to the mountains. He wasn't about to burst their bubble on that regard, it brings about too many questions.

"I be comin' from the wilds, they've been my home, my ally, my rival. Nature be my guide and I be followin' tha druidic teachin's."
Back to top Go down
chichirinoda

chichirinoda

PostSubject: Eldoran   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 5:56 pm

Eldoran thinks for a few moments. "I know of a few different local merchants who might fit the bill. I've heard Milo at the Curiosity Shop likes to hire adventurers on occasion to find unique items for his shop. If we'd rather protect a merchant caravan, then Bertram Tung of Blue Star Trade would be a good man to speak to. Or if we'd rather a sailing voyage, there's always Flanigan Lorsk of Whitecap Shipping. What do you guys think?"
Back to top Go down
WildAngels

WildAngels

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:50 pm

Ski

"My vote is for item hunting, that is fun."
Back to top Go down
Dragonoflife

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:39 am

Tarathel

The elf weighed considerations carefully before he spoke. "I think we ought to see if any of these merchants strike us as more respectable and trustworthy than the others," he suggested. "I would rather work for a good man, no matter the job, since he is more likely to be honest about the difficulties, and reliable for payment. But if all else is equal... item-hunting is likely to be the more dangerous job, I think, but also endangers only us if we have trouble. So I would speak for that as well, if Master Milo is a worthy sort."
Back to top Go down
chichirinoda

chichirinoda

PostSubject: Eldoran   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:26 am

"I don't know...they all have good reputations from what I know, but I don't know them personally," Eldoran says thoughtfully. "I think item hunting is my vote too, though. It'll be interesting, and for all we know there'll be a perk or two of being affiliated with someone who collects rare items."
Back to top Go down
Khirrish

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 pm

Khirrish

She remained silent as the discussion to what they were doing and where they were going, continued on. Her mind had already been made up; she would follow along, regardless. It would be a nice change of pace to be around so many, assuming they were competent. They seemed as such, even if they were currently over-discussing their plans.

"The more time we spend talking, the less time we spend doing. Since none of us are completely knowledgeable on the character of these merchants, we either go in with what we know, or take time to investigate them further." Either way was perfectly fine with her, if she were honest.
Back to top Go down
Dragonoflife

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Tarathel

"I must stop by the Temple of the Seldarine in any case," Tarathel said. "I shall do that first, and make a polite inquiry while I'm there? Any extensive investigation would be too much, but knowing which of them is willing to deal with, at the least, an elf fairly would help."
Back to top Go down
Malathyne

Malathyne

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:32 am

Zazi

Zazi can't help but blink. She considers asking Tarathel where he's from, since she doesn't remember running into many people who hold biases against elves to the point of not being fair when it comes to work, but she decides against it. After all, maybe he's just being polite; they are going to be presenting to their potential employers with a party that has an undisguised half-orc.

Instead, she nods. "Treasure hunting it is, then?" To Tarathel: "That sounds like a good idea. Where would you like to meet up with us? Maybe near Master Milo's?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom   Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 0: The Grinning Lizard Taproom
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next